The past 20 years have witnessed some progress for women in the world of work and in terms of gender equality in society. Today, more women than ever before are both educated and participating in the labour market.
- RELATED: International Women’s Day 2018 #IDW2018 – UNWOMEN
- RELATED: International Women’s Day: Women in a Changing World of Work
- RELATED: Women at Work Initiative
This “global snapshot” looks at the progress (or lack thereof) made during the past decade and assesses women’s labour market prospects by examining the gaps between men and women according to a selection of ILO statistical indicators, namely labour force participation, unemployment, informal employment and working poverty.
- RELATED: Technology Changing the World of Work & Women’s Economic Empowerment: CSW 61
- RELATED: Automation and the Future of Work; Bringing Women Into the Debate: IDS
You can view the #WESO2018 Global Snapshot report by clicking on the the below:
Featured image: UN Women